Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Natsufuku no Ally

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sayaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2002
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lately I've been searching through the net for info on Kaori Yuki and her works. I've found out that her first work was a 24-page story which she did for "Hana to Yume" Big Challenge Competition (the title: Natsufuku no Ally). But I couldn't find anywhere, what was that story about. Does anybody fell like sharing this piece of information with me? ^.^

    I heard that it was published in the third volume of Count Cain...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I asked the ASML about this one since I never even heard of this story. [img]confused.gif[/img] It has been published in the Count Cain #3 with Kafka. Both the Japanese edition and the Chinese ones have it in there, because it is only 30pages.

    Meardearna's Lengthy Answer [img]biggrin.gif[/img] :

    "The story is basically about Erii waking up to find herself trapped in a
    highschool boy's body. She then befriends that boy's friend, who is the same
    age as her, but that girl also happens to be the daughter of Erii's best
    friend. Because of the strange age gap and the fact that she woke up in someone
    else's body, it came to light that Erii had actually died many years ago...
    It's a pretty boring story actually ^-^' There are some signs of Yuki-sensei's
    mature works in Natsufuku no Erii, such as socially unacceptable love (Erii was
    in love with her teacher), death (Erii jumped in front of a train), and most
    significantly, the strangely revelating feeling you get after reading her
    works... Although it is kinda interesting, but I don't rcommend it. If you want
    to read her early works, it is best to start with Cruel Faerytale, Gravel
    Kingdom, StoneHenge, etc. (I must say, I find even Tokyo Top, When a Heart
    Beats, and the other assorted short stories compiled together in Kaine and
    Boy's Next Door are most interesting that Erii ~_~' as they clearly show later
    developments and if Kaori Yuki-sensei caved in to her editors to keep writing
    soppy love stories......*sweatdrops*)"
    ____End Summary____

    I hope that helped!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member rev.tsukiyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree that Kaori Yuki has got a lot better since she was first published. Apart from her stories, her art work has changed a lot. At first I was put off by her amateurish drawing but look at the 'new Earl Cain' books, God Child, they look really good. Even though she's one of my all time favourite mangaka I dont like everything she's done.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sayaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2002
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for info.

    You see, it was like that. I was asked by my friend to write an article on Kaori Yuki (well more like a crossover between an article and a complete database) and I discovered that I know absolutely nothing about her first work. Being a perfectionist, I just couldn't live it like that. ^_^

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •